Tuesday 8 October 2013

Vintage Box


I was kindly given some Image sheets by Ignacio of Nicecrane
http://nicecranedesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=99_100&products_id=976

















I love the vintage images, they are absolutely gorgeous.  His site is well worth looking at, I'm sure you'll see something utterly fabulous. Do go and take a look. I decided to do something different to a card, and decorated a plain box.

















I used some antique looking lace, with strung pearls around the bottom of the box, burgandy and cream ribbons around the lid.  My papers were distressed around all the edges for that vintage look.


I made my own flowers using pages from an old book, and distressing, misting with perfect pearls and finishing with some stickles.
I love decorating boxes and this will be filled with something nice for a Christmas present.

This is for the following challenges:-
1. Creative Craft Challenge - challenge 20 - Anything Goes
2. MAWTT - Anything Goes
3. Cute card Thursday - challenge 289 - signs of distress
4. Heck of A Challenge - October - Autumn Colour
5. Scribble & Scrap - challenge # 2 - Anything Goes
6. A Little Bit Crafty - A little bit shabby

Recipe:-
Stamps - Nicecrane images
Papers - Nitwit Country Lady
Colouring Mediums - Promarkers,
Tools - Grand Calibur, Nesties, CC Designs dies, circle punch, 
Embellishments - skeleton leaves, brads, lace, strung pearls, stickles, doilies, 

Thank you for popping by my blog
Happy crafting
Tracy x




14 comments:

Nicecrane Designs said...

What a ture play of Art,,,,,,,,,Tracy,,,,,OMG, love yur coloring on this so adorable image,,,,from my store,,,,,wit these all pastel tones,,,,,,,and the flowers are really stunning, I am falling on this vintage box,,,,, Tracy you are Rock, my friend,,,,,,welcome on board,,,I was sure you deserve it.

brenda said...

I'm not surprised Iganico is so pleased with your box Tracy, it's a truly beautiful Victorian piece and could quite easily fit into the drawing room at Downton.

B x

catherine said...

This just looks fabulous Tracy. They really have some beautiful vintage image sheets and you have chosen some beautiful ones to work with. Must check them out!
x catherine

Lisa Jane said...

ooh what a pretty little box .. fab vintage image
Thanks for joining us at Heck of a challenge this month
Lisa x

Unknown said...

Oh that is just soo pretty!

Thanks for joining in with us this week at MAWTT.

Sarah

scrappyjacky said...

Your box is gorgeous.

Alyx said...

This is a stunning bit of altered art Tracy! Gorgeous image, papers, embellies...I absolutely love it! So vintage and beautiful.

Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Andree said...

This is gorgeous Tracy. The vintage touches and your flowers are lovely.

Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck. Make sure you are a follower of the blog to be in with a chance of winning x

Tracy said...

Thank you Andree for reminding me, I've been and checked I'm already a follower. Thanks for the lovely coment x

Andree said...

Sorry about that Tracy, you weren't showing on our list. Thanks for checking x

Dewi Lestari said...

Stunning! Thanks for joining at Heck of a Challenge: Autumn Colors
Hugs
Dewi

Beverley said...

Gorgeous project, I love the colours. Thanks for joining in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Creative Craft.
Hugs
Bev x

Eret said...

Stunning project, Tracy. Love the vintage look of your beautiful box and this lovely image.
Eret x

McCrafty's Cards said...

beautiful project, I like the image the design and the colours, Thanks for joining in with us at Heck of a challenge this month, Good Luck
Kevin xx